Monday, April 25, 2016

Pros & Cons of Getting a Puppy in College

If you're a student suddenly thinking, "ugh puppies are so cute and sweet and cuddly and I'm under-loading next year, so I'll have tons of free time to spend with a puppy. It won't impact my life at all except for making it better." Well first of all, you're wrong, even though I am the biggest advocate of puppy love. And secondly, I have generated a little Pros & Cons list here for you. I'm here to help you make an informed decision. Take away from it what you wish...

Pros:

The love and comfort of a dog, of course

Don't need to find a boyfriend/girlfriend because you have a puppy to snuggle with at all times

Makes you exercise - it's proven that people who have pets live longer and have better blood pressure & heart rates

Unconditional love

You know you're giving it a good home

Teaches you responsibility

A dog is a loyal friend who will never judge you or talk behind your back

Guys with dogs get girls

Cons:

More responsibility... this is a living thing we're talking about you being responsible for

Puppies require constant attention

Messy... Oh you used to like waiting 3 weeks to wash your sheets? How about that white carpet?

Paying for food, toys, treats, and the puppy itself

Thinking about going away for the weekend? Sike?

VET BILLS

Time required to raise and train a puppy

I don't know about your parents, but mine would make me return it and that would be the worst.

Good luck!

Until next time,
Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment