Thursday, February 4, 2016

Ellipsis...

Ellipsis
Hi everyone! It's Lily here, and this is one of our finest Dogs of Chapel Hill. Named for the three spots down her back, this cute little Beagle is Ellipsis (...) She's the puppy daughter of my friend Nicole and I've known her since our freshman year of high school. Over her 7 years, Ellipsis has seen a lot. A few years back she had 7 Beagle/Lab/Pit puppies, all of whom were given happy new homes to kind owners right away. These days, she's just a regular college kid. She lives in Chapel Hill, goes to He's Not, retrieves beer pong balls, eats cheese sticks and yogurt, and of course has a friendship bracelet with her best friend. Friendship Collar is a really cool company I just learned about that makes matching dog collars and human bracelets. Pretty cute huh? They're for guys and girls; check them out and go get one for you and your pup! Wish they were paying me to say that... I just think it's a sweet idea.

This ole girl loves to play soccer and always has. Unlike most of the dogs I know, she does not try to eat the ball. She'll push it down the field with her nose and impress everyone in Air Bud fashion. In addition to soccer, Ellipsis loves to go on runs with her mom and chase squirrels... who doesn't right? After exerting all that energy, she gets in her bed (mom's bed) and sleeps UNDER the covers, facing her mom to make sure she's safe. Ellipsis does the same thing in the car. She'll ride in the same seat as Nicole, right up next to her. Talk about protection.

A few things this pup does NOT like:

  • Peanut Butter - Surprising!! I thought all dogs were obsessed with PB.
  • Water - "The drinking kind is alright, but nooooo way to swimming."
  • Being left alone - "Pleaaaaase don't leave me mom!"
  • When Dad comes and steals her side of the bed - "Guess I'll take the middle!"
  • Squeaky Toys - "Humans' toys are better."
  • All of her clothes - A Halloween tutu, birthday crown, argyle golf sweaters, and even a doggie snow jacket - "Please don't make me wear them!!!"
Ellipsis is a funny, super sweet dog who laid out over my lap during our interview and greeted me at the door with the warmest hello. All she wants to do is love and protect the ones she cares about...can't argue with that! A huge thank you to Nicole and Ellipsis for having me and to all of you who are reading! The dogs and humans of Chapel Hill are pretty great.

Until next time,
Lily
Ellipsis and Nicole (mom)

Ready for her close-up

No comments:

Post a Comment